LG&E and KU provide winter safety tips
Utilities encourage customers to prepare for approaching winter weather
(LOUISVILLE, Ky.) – With temperatures dropping and winter weather preparing to move into the area, Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company are offering a few simple steps to help area residents prepare to stay safe and comfortable in their homes.
- Build an emergency kit that includes a battery-powered radio, flashlights for everyone in the family, fresh batteries for any devices, first-aid kit, and over-the-counter and prescription medications. Visit www.ready.gov for a complete list of essential emergency kit supplies.
- Ensure heating systems are able to operate efficiently. Seal leaks and gaps around the home with caulk, spray foam or weather-stripping. Make sure warm-air registers are not blocked by drapes or furniture.
- Snow and ice accumulation on tree branches can sometimes cause them to break and fall into power lines. Stay away and consider all fallen wires as dangerous.
- LG&E customers should call 502-589-1444 to report a downed wire or power outage; KU customers should call 1-800-981-0600. LG&E and KU customers with registered accounts can also report an outage online at lge-ku.com or by texting OUTAGE to 4LGEKU (454358).
- Customers can access the LG&E and KU outage map on the website from their mobile device to track weather conditions and receive near real-time information about outages throughout our system, a summary of outages by zip code and county, and an estimated restoration time.
When severe winter weather moves across Kentucky, LG&E and KU are prepared to reliably meet customers’ energy demands, and safely and quickly respond to severe winter weather impacts.
Visit www.lge-ku.com/storm for more storm safety information.
Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company, part of the PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) family of companies, are regulated utilities that serve nearly 1.3 million customers and have consistently ranked among the best companies for customer service in the United States. LG&E serves 322,000 natural gas and 403,000 electric customers in Louisville and 16 surrounding counties. KU serves 546,000 customers in 77 Kentucky counties and five counties in Virginia. More information is available at www.lge-ku.com and www.pplweb.com.
For further information: LG&E and KU, 502-627-4999 (Toll-free: 888-627-4999)