Dec 1, 2015
We're proud to partner with these admirable nonprofit organizations that are working to better the lives of the people who call our region home.
Allentown, Pa. (Dec. 1, 2015) -- The PPL Foundation today announced nearly $300,000 in grant awards to support eight organizations working to empower the communities they serve.
The awards announced today will support a variety of projects in PPL Foundation's focus areas: education, workforce development and community revitalization.
"The success of PPL as a company is tied to the success of all the towns and cities it serves," said Ryan Hill, president of the PPL Foundation. "We're proud to partner with these admirable nonprofit organizations that are working to better the lives of the people who call our region home."
Grant recipients include:
- Pocono Alliance for the Bridges Out of Poverty program in Stroudsburg - $30,000 to connect families in need with the necessary resources to achieve greater stability in their lives.
- Building 21 High School in Allentown - $100,000 awarded earlier this year to support a third high school in the Allentown School District that employs an innovative model of experiential and personalized learning.
- Fowler Hispanic Community Wellness Center and Basilio Huertas Senior Center in Bethlehem - $30,000 to support renovations that will allow the center to offer expanded services and help more low- and moderate-income residents.
- Milagro House Education Program in Lancaster - $25,000 to help give homeless mothers the tools and education they need to become self-sufficient.
- The Children's Museum in Bloomsburg for Partners in Education - $30,000 to help provide Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) resources, materials and services to educators and schools.
Additionally, several Pennsylvania food banks will receive $25,000 grants for capital contributions to expand capacity:
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank for the Northern Tier Distribution Hub in Williamsport
- Project SHARE in Carlisle
- Second Harvest Food Bank in Allentown
PPL is committed to supporting communities across its 29-county service area and providing tools that help empower economic vitality.
The PPL Foundation awards grants in spring and fall. The next grant cycle, for sustaining grants, begins in January. Interested organizations can apply for grants from $1,000 to $25,000.
To be considered for a grant, all organizations must apply online.
Please visit www.pplcares.com to learn more.
Headquartered in Allentown, Pa., PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) is one of the largest companies in the U.S. utility sector. PPL’s seven high-performing, award-winning utilities serve 10 million customers in the U.S. and United Kingdom. The company and its 13,000 employees are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and reliability and delivering superior value for shareowners. To learn more, visit www.pplweb.com.
About the PPL Foundation
Through strategic partnerships, the PPL Foundation will support organizations that are doing innovative and groundbreaking work to create vital, sustainable communities and empowering each citizen to fulfill her or his potential. Since its inception in 2015, the PPL Foundation has contributed more than $2 million to a wide variety of nonprofit organizations.